Halloween Pranks & Tricks
Halloween is not only for treats, it's for tricks too. Want to
prank someone or create a good scare? We've got some good ideas that are sure to get a surprised reaction. Funny or not, It's important
to focus on pranks that are not destructive to anyone's property or
well-being -- it's just not cool. So here's to some harmless fun!
- Dress up as though you are the inanimate Halloween Decor for your
lawn. Example: scarecrow, Frankenstein, etc. Be as still as you can.
When someone walks by, jump out and scare the heck out of them. Another
idea is to lay flat on the lawn, pretending to be in a grave marked with
a tombstone. Imagine their surprise when you rise from the dead!
- Ring doorbell and say "canned goods or meat".
- Get dressed up, knock on door. When person answers, put candy into
- Visit friends' houses and write on the mirror with your finger,
delivering a scary message such as "I'm watching you!" Breathe on the
mirror and you can see your words. Let it dry naturally. When your
friend takes a shower, the words will appear again when the mirror fogs
- Give away fake, plastic turds for treats.
- Get dressed up so you are unrecognizable. Join a group of
trick-or-treaters, preferably some you know. It will drive them nuts not
knowing who you are.
- Decorate your yard with all things superstitious. Ladder, black cat,
broken mirror, crows. Put the number 13 on your door.
- Dress up in a hospital gown and walk around at night saying "They
think I'm crazy, but I'm not. They deserved to die. They can't take me
back, etc, etc".
- Dress up, ring doorbell. When someone answers, say "pull my finger".
- Traditional, ring doorbell and run.
- Toilet paper your own yard and accuse someone else of doing it.
- Gather everyone's jack o' lanterns and line them up on the sidewalk
in middle of the block.
- Have any college or pro football fans in the neighborhood that like
to fly their team flag? Swap it out for a rival team flag and watch the
fireworks. (Make sure you return their flag after you get a good laugh).
- You know those colored dot stickers that can be used for various office
purposes or rummage sales? Purchase the dots in two or three colors,
preferably red, yellow, and blue. When it's dark outside, stick one dot on
the each of your neighbors' front doors. Put one on your own door so that
you aren't suspect. The next day will be interesting when neighbors try to
figure out what the dots mean and why there are different colors. Those with
red dots may get a bit paranoid and think it's some sort of a conspiracy.
- Before guests are to arrive at your Halloween party, have someone
dress up and discretely "haunt" the route your guests will take to get
to your house. Later on, tell a "true" story about how someone died a
horrific death and the ghost haunts the vicinity.
- At your party, keep a cooler on hand for beverages. Put in fake
spiders and insects near the bottom. Someone will discover it sooner or
- When serving food at your Halloween party, add a set of fake fangs
or dentures to the serving bowl.
- For a hay-rack ride, have someone lay in the ditch, perfectly
visible, face down, pretending to be dead. Add fake blood for visual
effects. Stop the hay rack to investigate and let party-goers approach
the "body". Give your guests the scare of their life when the body jumps
up (wearing a very scary mask or makeup) and chases them.