This recipe is my overall favorite Harvest recipe and makes a perfect potato side dish.
Once you taste it, you'll probably get cravings for it from time to time and anyone else you make it for will ask you for the recipe. You can substitute the Corn Flakes in the topping with other cereals too, such as Chex, Total or Rice Krispies. Or you can try your favorite crackers like Chicken in a Biscuit for a different flavor.
- 1 pkg. (32 oz) frozen hash browns
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup (8 oz) French onion dip or sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onions, browned in butter or minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- vegetable such as corn, green beans, or mixed (optional)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or crushed crackers
Mix together the first seven ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Place in a greased cake pan.
For the topping, mix together the last two ingredients and spread over the potatoes. Bake at 350° for approximately 45 minutes.